OSCAR DE LA RENTA
The ’50s cat eye and ’70s round frame remain two of eyewear’s most stylish shapes. Modern-day trendsetters like Olivia Palermo and Nicole Richie don the perennial classics reframed in striking silhouettes.
1. Alexander Wang pointy cat-eye sunglasses, $355; shop now:forwardforward.com
2. Karen Walker round-frame sunglasses, $210; shop now:eyegoodies.com
A pair of wayfarers has long been the downtown scene’s calling card and the choice eyewear of Hollywood’s A-Listers like Jessica Biel and PYTs like Selena Gomez.
1. Charming CHARLIE wayfarer, $10; shop now: charmingcharlie.com
2. Prada tortoiseshell wayfarer, $268; shop now: mytheresa.com
Channel the chic and famous in oversized sunnies with touches of old Hollywood glamour à la Victoria Beckham, or a beloved shape amplified like Beyoncé’s round frames.
1. Linda Farrow round oversized sunglasses, $530; shop now: asos.com
2. The Row oversized round sunglasses, $445; shop now: net-a-porter.com
The go-to accessory of the cool girl set (here, Ashley Olsen and Zoe Saldana), the aviator is the sleekest shade around. This summer, opt for the freshest takes on the sporty staple to streamline any look.
1. Joe Fresh tinted aviator, $19; shop now: joefresh.com
2. Oliver Goldsmith gradient plastic aviator, $380; shop now:barneys.com
I know that swimsuit season can be a stressful time: not only do you have to worry about sculpting the perfect beach bod, you also have to find a stylish suit to wear! But this summer, there’s no need to fret, dear readers. Although you’re on your own when it comes to nabbing a tanned, toned poolside physique, we’ve gathered a variety of cute bikinis and one-pieces to suit a wide range of tastes. From streamlined, sporty versions to retro-inspired pieces, check out our selection and let me know which style you’ll be wearing this season.
1. Billabong Stephanie Suit($60) in Goldmine
2. Laura Urbinati E2C37PF Bikini ($315, available now) in Aquamarine
3. J.Crew Garden Floral Ruched Bandeau Top ($52) and Hipster ($44)
4. Suno Cutout One Piece($295)
5. GUESS by Marciano Smell The Roses Halter Bikini Topand Side-Tie Bikini Bottom($40 each)
6. Topshop Black Petal Bandeau Bikini ($52)
1. Topshop Black Snake Triangle Bikini ($52)
2. Victoria’s Secret Forever Sexy Push-Up Bandeau Top($42) and Bottom ($24)
3. Old Navy Animal-Print Twisted Bandeau Top andBikinis ($20 each)
4. Diane von FurstenbergKaylin Bikini Top ($115) andBottom ($102)
5. Michael Kors Zebra-Print Retro Bikini ($245, 866.709.5677) in White/Black
6. Noelle Stacey One Piece($180, made to order & available now)
1. Forever 21 Mesh Halter Bikini Top ($11) and Hipster Bikini Bottom ($10)
2. Insight Ribbed Bandeau Peaches ‘N Dream ($72)
3. Karla Colletto Rash Guard($196) and Brief Hipster Bottom ($110) in Purple/Papaya/Citrus
4. Lisa Marie Fernandez Lisa Marie Tankini ($355)
5. VPL Convergence Bra and Undi ($145 & $120) in Kelly Green
6. Summer Bummer Sports Top and Bungee Bikini Bottom ($120 & $80, available mid-June) in Metallic Silver
1. Etro Printed Triangle Bikini($171)
2. Undrest Liberty of London Ruffle Bandeau ($128) andBrief ($118)
3. Converse One StarTriangle Bikini Top and Side-Tie Bottom ($20 each)
4. OndadeMar Copacabana Bikini ($166)
5. Lauren Moffat On The Road, Again Bustier Top/Hipster ($198)
6. Vitamin A Salt Creek Sweetheart Top and Trestles Tie Side Reversible Bottom ($55 & $53, 415.868.0333) in VIP
Giorgio Armani’s new Rouge d’Armani Sheers have the moisture and translucency of a balm, plus lipstick-like slip and stain-worthy pigment—in other words, the formula incorporates the best of all worlds! MY favorites are Black Lacquer (#602), Acid Tangerine (#300), and Ecstasy (#500), shown here. Look for these and the rest of the color range this April.