The ’50s cat eye and ’70s round frame remain two of eyewear’s most stylish shapes. Modern-day trendsetters like Olivia Palermo and Nicole Richie don the perennial classics reframed in striking silhouettes.
1. Alexander Wang pointy cat-eye sunglasses, $355; shop now:forwardforward.com
2. Karen Walker round-frame sunglasses, $210; shop now:eyegoodies.com
A pair of wayfarers has long been the downtown scene’s calling card and the choice eyewear of Hollywood’s A-Listers like Jessica Biel and PYTs like Selena Gomez.
1. Charming CHARLIE wayfarer, $10; shop now: charmingcharlie.com
2. Prada tortoiseshell wayfarer, $268; shop now: mytheresa.com
Channel the chic and famous in oversized sunnies with touches of old Hollywood glamour à la Victoria Beckham, or a beloved shape amplified like Beyoncé’s round frames.
1. Linda Farrow round oversized sunglasses, $530; shop now: asos.com
2. The Row oversized round sunglasses, $445; shop now: net-a-porter.com
The go-to accessory of the cool girl set (here, Ashley Olsen and Zoe Saldana), the aviator is the sleekest shade around. This summer, opt for the freshest takes on the sporty staple to streamline any look.
1. Joe Fresh tinted aviator, $19; shop now: joefresh.com
2. Oliver Goldsmith gradient plastic aviator, $380; shop now:barneys.com
Alexander Wang leather sandal, $350; shop now: ssense.com
K Jacques St. Tropez strappy leather sandals, $260; shop now:net-a-porter.com
Sergio Rossi leather sandal with gold-tone detail, $798; shop now:farfetch.com
Pedro Garcia Swarovski-embellished satin sandals, $452; shop now:mytheresa.com
Fendi patent leather sandals, $550; shop now: mytheresa.com
Chloé braided ankle-strap sandal, $656; shop now: mytheresa.com
Madewell leather sandal, $59.50; shop now: madewell.com
Zara leather sandal, $50; shop now:zara.com
L.A.M.B. wrap-around leather sandal, $69; shop now:lordandtaylor.com